Wednesday, May 16, 2007

To Sir, with love.

Hi Sir,
You don't know me, and I don't think you'll remember me, even when you see me. I was just one of those anonymous faces you see in your lectures everyday, and I really don't mind being that. I had just asked for your forgiveness, for an incident so trivial and irrelevant, that I doubted that you would remember to penalize me, in the first place. But you did. Very small and petty of you. It would have cost you nothing, to have just cleaned the slate, and removed the penalty. But no. You had to penalize me. I agree, it was my fault in the first place; I shouldn't have been doing what I had done, but its not like I didn't repent what I did. I tried to make up for it, and in the end asked for you to just simply forgive me. What would it have cost you?
And do you know what it has done to me? It has cost me a grade. No, I'm not going to bitch about grades or anything like that. But I had a plan, a dream ... I had worked it out meticulously, and all I needed for my whole life to shape out the way I had planned, was for you to just for you to just forgive me and give me that grade. Now, I'm more or less sunk. Its not like I'll not get a job or something like that, but now I guess I can bid BCG and McKenzie a bittersweet goodbye.
And no Sir, I'm not mad or bitter at you. I just pity that things are the way they are. And you know what? I have now found something, which means MUCH more to me than BCG or McKenzie or grades or anything in this world. So Sir, this is just to let you know, that I forgave you for what you've done, the day you did it, itself. No bad blood left, only pity. I pity you and your kind and I'm sad it has to be the way it is. I wish things could have been better for you.

Sincerest regards,
Shamir.
Entry No: 2004CS101087

No comments: