Saturday, May 26, 2007

A novel way to kill time

Hey people. Agreed, most of you all already know how vella and absolutely creative I am, when it comes to doing utterly unproductive things, but I just had to share this new discovery with you all. I discovered it last night, when I was listening to some music on my lappie. Doc was busy watching TV, and I was neither too inspired to read, nor too sleepy to sleep, so I just tried out this random thing, and to my delight, found that I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's quite a nifty way to kill time: What you have to do is listen to a song and try typing out the lyrics, while listening to it, as it progresses. Quite difficult to do, I accede, but nonetheless and very nice way to kill time, when you have absolutely nothing to do. A note of caution though, you have to be as mental AND vella enough as me, to be able to pull this off. For almost 99% of you, it will be a pain in the butt!!!
Right now, I'm at my desk, in office. The homies have, as expected found something better to do, which is playing pool (I really don't get the deal with indoor games?), and all I have here for company is Mr. Gagandeep Singh, who, in his customary style, is glued to the monitor with multiple Orkut and Gaim tabs open. I'm totally vella, so I figured, what better to do, than give you folks a live demo of my newly discovered pastime:
(The song I'm playing is my favourite MLTR number, called "Complicated Heart". Here we go ...)

Michael Learns to Rock - Complicated Heart

Don't know what to say now
I don't know where to stop
I don't know how to handle
A complicated heart
You tell me you are leaving
But I just have to say
Before you throw it all away

Even if you want to go alone
I will be waiting when you're coming home
If you need someone to ease the pain
You can lean on me
My love will still remain

Don't know what you're thinking
To me it seems quite tough
Tool of conversation
When words are not enough
So this is your decision
And there's nothing I can do
I can only say to you

Even if you want to go alone
I will be waiting when you're coming home
If you need someone to ease the pain
You can lean on me
My love will still remain

If this is your decision
And there is nothing I can do
I can only say to you

Even if you want to go alone
I will be waiting when you're coming home
If you need someone to ease the pain
You can lean on me
My love will still remain

Even if you want to go alone
I will still love you when tomorrow comes
When you need someone to ease the pain
You can lean on me
My love will still remain

Nailed it! Bang on! Didn't even have to replay the song at any stage; just went with the flow! Going at this rate, I shall reach Doc levels of typing speed and comprehension, in no time (God only forbid that I start talking like him too, lolz!) . But this song was easy to do, and I still have quite a long way to go, to improve my skills in this crazy department (I am yet to figure out why I am doing all this!) . For those of you who think you're up to it, I'll give you a challenge: do this with sliPknoT's "Spit it out", from their Iowa album. Or maybe MuDvAyNe's "Dig", from their L.D 50 album. You'll see stars!!!

PS: Today also marks a memorable day in my life, in that I got a successful bargain for the very first time. Normally I meekly agree to the shopkeeper's rates, like a sucker, but today, I was on a roll! Got myself a pair of Vic Firth 5As for just 450/- (starting quote 600/-) where you normally get them in Onstage Dehli for 650/-, flat rate !!! Call that a deal or what?!

No comments: