Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Day at the Service Station

I will remember today for two things : First, today marked the commencement of a significant (and dark) chapter of my life, wherein, the duties of the service and maintenance of the cars officially fell into my hands; and second it was also probably the most boring and uneventful day of my life.
Well, yes, today for the first time in my life, I actually took the Santro for servicing. This comes after weeks of scrounging on this task and delaying it as much as possible! Today, finally, Dad insisted that I go and get it done. As I said, this marks a dark and inglorious chapter of my life, for this duty to take the cars for servicing is a burden beyond description. Everything comes with its price ... this is the price I am paying for learning how to drive! And believe me, there is nothing involves more stationarity and eventfulness than waiting, while your car is getting serviced. For me today, the wait was a five hour one, which was divided equally between reading George Orwell's "1984" , dozing off intermittently, thinking about this one girl,whom I so so so badly wanted, but who was just not taking any interest in me , and periodically taking out the servicing from from my bag and staring at it, in complete blankness, while projecting an image of intense concentration and focus to the rest of the world . After the gruelling day there, I came back home, upon which I sat down to write this blog ... further adding to the monotonicity of my day!
... can' t wait for the TPO biryani bash, with the bastards, on Monday!

No comments: