Saturday, November 5, 2016

Goodbye Love

Dear love
What have they done to you?
You are no longer an emotion worthy to aspire to
You are an emotion to be ridiculed
They know deep inside that you are noble
That you are natural and sublime, spontaneous
Yet they fight to defy you against their inner instincts
Today I watched as two friends
Were so ridiculed for being in love
That they crumbled to the pressure
To declare that they only lusted for each
And nothing more
Fuck knows if this will last
But it was so blatantly obvious that it was you
You Love, that they were experiencing
Why have we forsaken you?
Why are you something to be ashamed of?
I have bid you farewell for other reasons
But not this
And in my heart of hearts I look forward
To embracing with open arms
The time when I can love again

No comments: